As designers, we are entering a period defined by three big challenges:
- How can we scale the impact of design?
- How does design change when UI no longer means pixels on screens?
- How might we use design to build trust between people and technology?
The designer we are looking for is excited to work on these challenges with support from an experienced team. In addition to this, they’re looking to broaden their view of how design intersects with other fields.
- This is a practitioner role where you will spend most of your time designing beautiful, user-centered interfaces for either concept validation or production release, delivered as design specification docs or component libraries.
- You will work with researchers, developers, product managers and other designers, both at AQ and within client organizations, to understand business and user needs, review design approaches and make recommendations.
- You have a strong understanding of design and usability fundamentals such as hierarchy, typography, interaction and layout.
- You are comfortable driving conversations on a product’s look and feel, ensuring the quality is up to our standards, while meeting user and organizational needs.
- You have a working point of view on how to scale design systems across multiple teams, products, platforms, regions and languages.
- You have a strong understanding of how design is implemented in front end technologies, and can conduct a design review with developers to ensure the intent and craft of what designed makes it into what’s shipped.
- You can conduct a design review with developers to ensure the intent and craft of what designed makes it into what’s shipped.
- You are curious about how people’s use of technology will change, and how interfaces will adapt to meet new needs in surprising ways.
- We welcome full-time and and project-based freelancers to apply for this position.
- This position is based in Tokyo. Not here yet? We provide relocation support including visas and language lesson stipends for all full-time positions.
- We're looking for someone who is fluent in English.
- Conversational Japanese language skills are a plus.
How to apply
- Tell us the story of a project you're proud of. What was your contribution? What did you learn?
- Describe to us a good day at your next job. What are you doing? What conversations are you having?
- Share what interests you about this job at AQ. What questions do you have?
- Send everything we need to know to email@example.com.