Why here, why now
Japan is at the intersection of past and future, where a deep heritage of product and service quality meets the global bazaar of ideas. New challenges of a changing society present great opportunities to engage and affect positive progress in people’s lives.
AQ’s work has never been more vital than now, and Japan never more open to exchange. As a multicultural team working locally and internationally, we see careful, caring UX design & research as a fantastic way to connect the dots.
- We're looking for someone to join us in shaping the future of AQ's design practice - what we sell, how we work, and the ideas we advocate for within our community.
- This role is split between practioner and leadership responsibilities, with roughly half your time doing the work of design and research.
- The other half, you will shape UX practices and strengthen capabilities among our existing designer and non-designer members, while helping to recruit and activate our next 2-3 designers.
- As a seasoned UX designer, you have experience leading cross-functional teams thru tried and true design processes to ship a number of great products.
- You have a strong point of view on how to design within a client services context.
- You are part of the conversation on how design and its impact are changing.
- You have lived experience that will challenge our perspectives on culture and technology, and are yourself looking for a new challenge.
- This is a full-time position at our sunny studio in Tokyo
- We're looking for someone who speaks English at business level.
- Japanese language skills and familiarity with Japanese culture are both plusses.
- We're open to and offer financial and logistical support for relocation.
UX at AQ
UX is where we started, the center of what we do, the reason clients and collaborators choose to work with us, the catalyst that changes how they think about their customer, product and business.
We design for a variety of fields, cultures, and growth stages – from fast moving startups seeking tactical improvements to established brands looking to transform their business. This work brings together contributors from diverse backgrounds. We design their experience of the process with the same care as our products.
How to Apply
- Tell us the story of a project you're proud of. What was your contribution? What did you learn?
- Tell us something surprising about how people use services or technology where you have lived.
- Share what interests you about this job at AQ. What questions do you have?
- Send everything we need to know to email@example.com.